Mike’s disruptive strategic planning and tendency to jump into the middle of conflict and controversy (if the cause is right) often puts him in the spotlight. Here’s a list of curated news articles.
Mike Arnold, Author
- Amazon Author Page
- Finishing Machine: Was It Road Rage Murder or Self-Defense? A Trained Killer’s Fight for Justice (professionally produced Audio book available)
- Inadmissible Science: Polygraphs in Court.
- “Prisons ban book by local attorneys,” Eugene Register-Guard.
CBS 48 Hours
- Trail of Tears – CBS 48 Hours (full online 2016 Episode that Mike’s featured prominently in). See Mike in action in the courtroom in this Eagle Creek cliff murder mystery.
- 2018 Conclusion to 48 Hours saga – “Mystery at Eagle Creek”
Oregon Standoff/Ammon Bundy
- Eugene Register Guard: Politician credits lawyer in standoff Nevada’s Michele Fiore says Eugene’s Mike Arnold “truly is a hero”
- Washington Post – Getting to Hallelujah: The frantic final hours of the Oregon refuge occupation
- The Atlantic – “The Nobility of Good Lawyers With Bad Clients.” The armed standoff in Burns, Oregon, is a perfect case study for why all defendants need excellent representation—and why the current criminal-justice state is no panacea
- Mike at his snarkiest using his First Amendment rights to protect a client – Daily Astorian: Bundy lawyers fire back at Marquis: Arnold called Marquis’ complaint with the state bar “frivolous.” “Only a narcissist could possibly conceive that two lawyers from Eugene could influence the jury pool in a case this big with this much coverage and national interest,” he said in an email. “We just don’t exude that sort of influence. Our constitutionally protected words are a drop in the bucket compared to the negative publicity against Ammon.”
- OPB/NPR: “Oregon State Bar Dismisses Final Complaint Against Former Bundy Attorney.” This case has been discussed as a prelude for attorneys becoming increasingly brave that their free speech rights and advocacy duties preempt “white shoed” and archaic lawyer publicity rules.
To check and see if Mike Arnold is taking new clients or to get a referral elsewhere, text or call 541-797-0110 or send an email