KCMO Hemp Co Missouri/Kansas Canna/Hemp
Farming/Entrepreneurial Seminar – October 26th-28th.
Mike Arnold in the News
(updated 5.14.2018): Mike’s disruptive strategic planning and tendency to jump into the middle of conflict and controversy (if the cause is) right often puts him in the spotlight. Here’s a list of curated news articles.
Serial Cannabis Entreprenuer & Retired Lawyer
- Rolling Stone Magazine: “Inside the High-Tech Solution for Smelly, Smelly Weed” – May 11, 2018
- US NEWS & World Report/AP – Leaving Practice of Law 2017 Story: Well-Known Eugene Lawyer Leaves Firm to Grow Marijuana When Ammon Bundy was arrested in January 2016 for leading the armed takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Eastern Oregon, he called Eugene attorney Mike Arnold for help
- 2012 Pot Trafficking Story: Mike has significant experience in federal court representing farmers. http://www.oregonlive.com/health/index.ssf/2012/09/drug_traffickers_exploit_orego.html
ROLLING STONE: “On a sunny day in October, Mike Arnold swings open the door to his barn storehouse outside of Eugene, Oregon, and takes a big whiff. The stench hits him immediately, a sweet and skunky wall of cool air. “Smells like money,” Arnold says in his Missouri drawl, gazing out at row after row of makeshift wood-and-mesh shelving, where 12,000 pounds of marijuana were lying out to dry…
Arnold, a blustering former trial lawyer who represented rancher Ammon Bundy after his armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, called Gustafik in June of 2017 with an urgent request. Arnold had an opportunity to pick up six tons of cannabis, but he needed a place for it to cure and dry, and he needed it fast. Would Gustafik be able to put something together on the cheap and up to code in three weeks?… [read more].”
Mike as an Influencer
- 14.5K followers on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oregonattorney/
- Book Author:
- Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/author/mikearnold
- Finishing Machine: Was It Road Rage Murder or Self-Defense? A Trained Killer’s Fight for Justice (professionally produced Audio book available)
- Inadmissible Science: Polygraphs in Court.
- Mike’s Book Banned by Oregon Department of Corrections – “Prisons ban book by local attorneys,” Eugene Register-Guard.
CBS 48 Hours
- Trail of Tears – CBS 48 Hours (full online 2016 Episode that I’m featured prominently in): Eagle Creek Cliff Murder. See me in court.
- 2018 Conclusion to 48 Hours saga – “Mystery at Eagle Creek” – See me driving my little tractor.
Oregon Standoff/Ammon Bundy
- Eugene Register Guard: Politician credits lawyer in standoff Nevada’s Michele Fiore says Eugene’s Mike Arnold “truly is a hero”
- Washington Post – Getting to Hallelujah: The frantic final hours of the Oregon refuge occupation
- The Atlantic – “The Nobility of Good Lawyers With Bad Clients.” The armed standoff in Burns, Oregon, is a perfect case study for why all defendants need excellent representation—and why the current criminal-justice state is no panacea
- Mike at his snarkiest – Daily Astorian: Bundy lawyers fire back at Marquis: Arnold called Marquis’ complaint with the state bar “frivolous.” “Only a narcissist could possibly conceive that two lawyers from Eugene could influence the jury pool in a case this big with this much coverage and national interest,” he said in an email. “We just don’t exude that sort of influence. Our constitutionally protected words are a drop in the bucket compared to the negative publicity against Ammon.”
- OPB/NPR: “Oregon State Bar Dismisses Final Complaint Against Former Bundy Attorney.” This case has been discussed as a prelude for attorneys becoming increasingly brave that their free speach rights and advocacy duties preempt “white shoed” and archiach lawyer publicity rules.
- Mike’s 1/29/2016 – Press Conference – Mike picking on the FBI and US Attorney’s trying to save lives at the refuge at a press conference. Wihin an hour of that press conference, my phone rang and it was the FBI asking for assistance in facilitating an end to the standoff. A handy trick for a very private and unlisted attorney cell phone number. https://youtu.be/-ErP5d4nuao?t=1m15s